If you want to increase your CSV spreadsheet functionality by adding styles, formulas, graphs, and VBA then you need to convert it to XLSX. It is a secure extension that was adopted by Microsoft excel in 2010. All the modern excel programs save workbooks. XLSX. There are a few ways to convert CSV to XLSX. You can use either Excel software, an online CSV to XLSX converter, or Google Sheets. In this article, I will show you step by step how to convert CSV to XLSX.
What is XLSX?
XLSX is a Microsoft Excel extension for saving modern workbooks and spreadsheets. It stands for Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet. Excel is a popular spreadsheet program used by businesses of all sizes. It allows users to create and edit spreadsheets with data tables and charts. XLSX was first introduced in 2007 by Microsoft office but would be used extensively in Excel 2010 and later versions. Furthermore, XLSX files are smaller than traditional Excel files and can be compressed using the XLSX compression format.
Reasons to Use XLSX file format
- It is the most used Excel spreadsheet extension nowadays
- XLSX is secure because it cannon save VBA code
- XLSX uses an open file format that can be accessed by other applications
- It can use and save all Excel Functions
- It can use up to 1048576 rows and 16384 columns
How to convert CSV to XLSX using Excel
1. Click on File at the top left corner
2. Click save as
3. Select your desired folder
4. Click the drop-down menu and select Excel Workbook.XLSX
5. Click save
How to convert CSV to XLSX using online tools
1. Open Knightsheets.com CSV to XLSX converter
2. Upload your file
3. Click convert, and your file will be processed and downloaded automatically
How to Convert CSV to XLSX using Google Sheets
1. Upload the CSV file by clicking the file picker
2. Navigate to the upload tab, then drag and drop your file or select a file from your device.
3. Click on the File tab in the top left corner
4. Click on Download>Microsoft Excel .XLSX
XLSX is the best Excel format for saving modern spreadsheets. It can use and save all the Excel functions and formulas. Converting Your CSV to XLSX can help you add more functionality to your data whether it's sorting, applying styles, or drawing Graphs. You can use Excel software, Google sheets, or online Converters.