Inactivating cell(s) in ms excel is pretty easy. Make the cell(s) inactive prevents the user from edit it, overwriting, or changing the content present on that particular cell. Through this feature, the data on the excel document is protected or locked. In Ms. Excel, the inactive is selected for all cells by default, and all the cells are automatically locked or inactivated. However, if you don't want to inactive all the cells, you can alternatively you can unlock all cells first and then inactive that specific cell and then protect the sheet.
If you experience a problem in inactivating the Ms. Excel cell(s), this article is specifically made for you. To make this feature familiar and easy to use for everyone, we shall discuss a method you can use to inactivate the cell in Ms. Excel. The methods use features present on the Ms. Excel application.
This method involves the following steps in disabling excel's cell(s):
1. Click on the excel icon to open the application. After that, open the document you want to edit. Otherwise, create a new document by inputting data on the provided cells.
2. Once you've opened the application and open the document you want to edit, select the cell(s) which you only want to make inactive.
3. Right-click on the selected cell(s) to access the side features of excel.
4. Scroll downwards and locate the "Format cell." Click on it to customize the selected cells. This feature is important in making the cells inactive.
5. On the new page displayed, locate the protection bar found on the screen's top-left side. Click on this bar.
6. Check if the locked box is checked. If not the case, click on the small box found on the left side of the word "Locked." Then click on it to ensure the highlighted cells are locked or inactivated.
Finally, click the "ok" button to confirm the changes.
7. After clicking the Ok button, then make the rules set to apply by activating the function protection sheet. Click on the review tab>>protect the sheet. On the protect sheet screen, a box is provided that allows the password that will be used to inactivate the cell(s). Click on the box and input your choice's password (optional as one can proceed without having to set a password).
8. Then, check the "select locked cells." This is done by click on the small box found on the left side of the word "select locked cells." Finally, click the Ok button to inactivate the cells. You can go a step further and save your edit document and try to check if the feature applies.
Through the above steps and procedures, anyone can comfortably make a cell inactive through the lock feature without any difficulty. Therefore, go ahead and create your document to try to make the cells inactive.